[Samba] Cannot seem to get printer driver delivery working from Vista 64 bit systems - Samba 3.0.25b

Alan Hodgson ahodgson at simkin.ca
Fri Jul 6 21:21:40 GMT 2007

On Friday 06 July 2007 07:24, "Gerald (Jerry) Carter" <jerry at samba.org>
wrote:
> Alan Hodgson wrote:
> > However, when I try to Connect to the printer from the Vista 64 bit
> > machine, all I get is "Windows cannot connect to the printer.
> > Operation could not be completed (error 0x000006f7)".
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
>
> My advice is to upload the drivers from a real Windows client
> and not using rpcclient.

I've never managed to make that work. LDAP root user, printer admin, 777
access across the board to the [print$] structure, it never works.

I guess I'll fight with it some more.

Thanks.

--
No matter how disastrously some government policy has turned out, anyone
who criticizes it can expect to hear: 'But what would you replace it