[Samba] winbind idmap customization

Jerome Haltom wasabi at larvalstage.net
Fri Jul 6 20:31:15 GMT 2007

Okay, I agree then. There are a set of standard ways of representing a
user name on a domain. There is 'NT\username', there is
'username at REALM'. And there is 'username'.

Is it so bad to think that username at REALM should be desired? I desire it
because I have non-Windows related things that use plain Kerberos
realms, and they use this form. And I like it. There is no short NT4
style name in these circumstances.

Perhaps then just a single option for the single canonical version?
"unix", "nt", "realm".

winbind canonical form = realm

All look ups of all forms would be mapped to this single representation.
That way users could login using any.