[Samba] Samba 3.0.25b + Vista Printers

Mark Gannon mark at truenorth.nu
Fri Jul 6 15:01:28 GMT 2007

On Friday 06 July 2007 04:09, Corey Johnston wrote:
> Anybody have any ideas on what the problem may be?
There are two different versions of drivers for Win2K and XP.  Normally these
are referred to as version 2 and version 3.  I believe, while Win2K and XP
support both versions, I believe Vista only supports version 3 drivers.  You
can tell which is installed on your samba system by looking in the print$
share under the W32X86 directory.  There should be two directories
labelled "2" and "3".  Version 2 drivers go in the 2 directory and version 3
drivers go in the "3" directory.  If the drivers are under the "2" directory,
you may want to update the drivers associated with the share to use the ones
bundled with Vista.

Regards,

Mark Gannon

--