[Samba] Samba 3.0.25b + Vista Printers

Corey Johnston coreyj at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 11:09:10 GMT 2007

Hello there

I've just upgraded our Samba server to 3.0.25b and am still having
problems with Windows Vista clients accessing printers. XP/2000
clients continue to work fine - but Vista refuses to connect to Samba
printers that have drivers hosted on the Samba server.

To clarify, as part of the netlogon batch job, clients attempt to
connect to Samba-hosted printer shares, and if they don't have the
printer drivers installed, they download them from the Samba server,
which hosts them. This hasn't been a problem in the past - and XP/2000
still work fine. However, Vista refuses point blank to connect to
printers with Samba-hosted printer drivers installed.

Anybody have any ideas on what the problem may be?

For what its worth, its Samba 3.0.25b compiled on Solaris 10 SPARC.

Any pointers appreciated!