[Samba] Custom "Windows Welcome message"

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 14:50:20 GMT 2007

On 7/5/07, Ralf Wiegand <mrsun2001 at yahoo.de> wrote:
> Hello - I running Samba as a PDC on FC6 with roaming profiles. I need to setup a custom >Windows logon/welcome message... to tell users want they can expect using this >domain.

I am sorry to ask you to stfw:
http://www.google.nl/search?q=windows%20welcome%20message

the first result is spot on.

>Is it also possible to place different PDF files on the users desktop
when he or she logs >on, but only referencing one source file, so I
don't have a copy for each user?
> What is the best approach?

use a login script or a mandatory desktop.

These 2 questions have nothing to do with samba, though ;), they are
normal windows networking in action.

--
Groeten,
J.Asenjo