[Samba] Problem with Everyone SID (S-1-1-0)

Patrick Rynhart prynhart at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 07:27:40 GMT 2007

Hi,

I'm running Samba 3.0.25b as a PDC.

In log.smbd (at Debug level 10) I have noticed:
log.smbd:  Could not convert SID S-1-1-0 to gid, ignoring it

This problem occurs in function sid_to_gid in lookup_sid.c.  An attempt is
made for winbind to then resolve the group, but this results in

log.winbindd:  Could not find domain for sid S-1-1-0
log.winbindd:  sid2gid_lookupsid_recv: Could not convert get sid type for
S-1-1-0

However, S-1-1-0 is a well known SID as defined in util_sid.c

I have tried adding a group mapping for S-1-1-0 (but I don't think this
should be necessary because S-1-1-0 is well known)

i.e.

# net groupmap list | egrep Everyone
Everyone (S-1-1-0) -> Everyone

but (even with this mapping) the error message persists.

Could someone please advise how this issue could be resolved.

Regards,

Patrick