[Samba] Execute on file access

spam at itserv.de spam at itserv.de
Thu Jul 5 06:29:47 GMT 2007

Hi Samba-Folks,

it might be a feature request, it might the the proof that I'm too stupid
to find it in the documentation:

I'd like to execute a binary program on each file which gets stored or
modified on the samba server. Is that possible?

I'd like to store images on a samba server, and from each image stored a
thumbnail should be calculated. Thus, after a file is created/modified, I
need to call a program passing the path name of the stored/modified file
as a parameter.

You might as well think about calling a virus scanner on the file just
stored.

I know that this might be a performance issue, but that will be my problem
- not yours :-)

Thank you for your replies,

  Peter

Angaben gemäß §35a GmbH-Gesetz:
ITServ GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: 65474 Bischofsheim
Eingetragen unter der Registernummer HRB54785 beim AG Darmstadt
Vertretungsberechtigter Geschäftsführer: Peter Bauer
Umsatzsteuer-ID: DE182270475