[Samba] Samba Problem With Big File Transfer on Windows Client

Nuno Pissarra npissarra at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 11:00:25 GMT 2007

 I use fedora 7 and the last stable version of samba 3.0.25a-3
on an embedded linux system as a server and a windows xp.
I 'am using truecrypt and sharing de mount directory with the XP machine via
samba. Selniux is disabled.

Everything works well such as connection or small files transfers but we
have a
huge problem when we try to transfer a big file (~100 MB) from the client
(Windows) to the server (embedded linux). No problem in the other side.

Indeed, windows displays an error saying that "the specified network name is
no
longer available".

Moreover, we have performed different kinds of tests such as using a Linux
client or using a Linux PC as a server (with a Windows client) and
everything
goes right. We assume that our problem comes from our Linux Embedded system
but
we cannot find out the critical point. Moreover logs messages do not give us
more information execpting the "oplocks" problems, which are not the problem
origin.

Thanks
NP