[Samba] Samba 4 release date announcement

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jul 3 04:21:06 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 07:02 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> > Just was going through the archives and the samba website to find if
> > any body has hinted on any release date for Samba 4 :-)
>
> There is not a release date.

Correct.  The most we have said is that we hope for an alpha in the next
few months, and with the work that has landed recently (MMC write
support), we are closer to that.  See the Samba4 pages in the wiki.

> > Does any one know? Could it be in this year?

For a final release, it will require a lot more assistance from people
in the community, running, testing and contributing code.  The (very)
few of us able to put full-time effort into Samba4 need to sleep
occasionally ;-)

Andrew Bartlett