[Samba] Delete printer from cups but will not delete from samba

Glenn Arnold garnold at unrealsolutions.com
Mon Jul 2 22:10:32 GMT 2007

I am running ubuntu feisty 64-bit samba 3.0.24 and I deleted a printer
from cups.  In the past when I deleted the printer in cups it would
delete it in samba.  For some reason the printer did not get deleted in
samba and when you browse the server you still see the printer.  I did a
net rpc printer and the deleted printer still showed up shared on the
server.  How do you delete a printer that still in samba, but was
deleted from cups?  Do I need tdbedit to remove the printer?  If I need
tdbedit do I have to compile samba to create this tool? I could not find
it ubuntu's binary version.

Thanks in advance
-Glenn