[Samba] Connection dropped when copying large files to a Samba Server

mactek - Manuel Teixeira manuel.teixeira at mail.mactek.com
Tue Jan 30 16:50:38 GMT 2007

Hi all

I have a CentOS 4.4

Kernel 2.6.9-11.EL
Samba (smbd -V)
3.0.10-1.4E.9

I've been using this server as a small file server
recently i needed to do a backup (ntbackup to file)
and the backup fails randomly, the largest backup file i managed was about 3GBytes
I tried copying large files and randomly the connection is lost
I tried with a ping at the same time and the replies don't get interrupted so it seems to me it is a
samba issue

I have the latest versions (except the kernel) or so the updater tells me

thanks all

Manuel Teixeira