[Samba] rename question/issue using samba share

Kevin Longfellow klongfel at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 4 22:10:33 GMT 2007

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a workaround or fix
for the below issue.

The Samba server is running on:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update
4)
kernel=2.4.21-27.0.2.1.9.ELsmp

Samba version = 3.0.20b

chmod and mv are from the MKS toolkit.

The question/issue:

In unix I can do:

touch kltest
chmod 544 kltest
mv kltest kltest3

If I NFS mount a directory on the samba server and
share it as below the above fails with permission
denied from my Windows XP system.  Any idea what the
problem is and how to fix this?  I know the obvious
chmod 644 but the 544 permission is not in my control.
 It is created by a source control system, so I cannot
change the permission.

Share information:

[ade_dnv_txn]
   comment =