[Samba] Re: Security = Domain requires Active Directory configured to allow NT emulation?

Ana M Giordano giordano at us.ibm.com
Sat Jan 27 01:28:43 GMT 2007

Adding a bit more information to the issue. This is the error message that
I get when trying to join the Domain (in a AD server)

./net join -S faidhc01sdcg05 -Uadmin%pwd
[2007/01/25 09:28:40, 0] utils/net_rpc_join.c:net_rpc_join_newstyle(341)
Error in domain join verification (credential setup failed):
NT_STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED
Unable to join domain FAIDHC01SDCG05.

Thanks.
Ana

Ana Giordano <amg_samba at yahoo.com>
01/26/2007 05:12 PM

samba at lists.samba.org
cc
"Richardson, Brian" <brichardson at firstam.com>
Subject
Security = Domain requires Active Directory configured to allow NT
emulation?

Hi.
I am trying to configure Samba with "Security = Domain".  Does the AD must
be configured to allow NT emulation?
More details below:
Tks.
Ana

Active Directory:   Win 2003 Server + SP2
Domain:                 FAFIDDOM
Samba Server:        Sun Solaris 9
Samba #:                3.0.23

# Global parameters
[global]
workgroup = FAFIDDOM
netbios name = FAEGSNA01SCCU02
server string = 10.191.20.44
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 50
username map = /opt/samba/lib/username.map
security = Domain
password server = faidhc01sdcg05
encrypt passwords = Yes
create mask = 0775