[Samba] Vista can't use samba hosted printer drivers

Greg J. Zartman greg at leiinc.com
Tue Jan 30 05:23:42 GMT 2007

> I tested against the Vista RC builds and printing was fine.
> But it seems some things were changed before the final
> bits.  We'll have to do some more testing to find out the
> scope of it.

I have been running Vista since the early betas and have noticed
intermittent problems with Samba (mostly with deleting dirs on samba
shares), but they are not reproducible.  Vista implements some pretty
extensive security features.  I would not be suprised if there is a
relation between the setting of these security features and Samba issues.

I did quite alot of trouble shooting when I ran into the delete dir
issue and had an extensive conversation in the Samba bug tracker with
other users about the issue.  Everything pointed back to Vista.

Given that Vista is hitting the steets tomorrow, seems it would be best
to see what the masses produce.

Greg