[Samba] Should samba be split between client & server

Jason Baker jbaker at glastender.com
Mon Jan 29 22:06:06 GMT 2007

Aaron,
Well said.
I think that will be my stance as well. I will purchase a copy for
testing, but as far as new workstations go, I will order them with XP Pro.
I like your thoughts on Codeweavers/WINE. We are very interested in
getting some of our users off of a windows desktop all-together. I am
already moving toward virtualizing some of our Win 2000 servers. I just
installed a new SAMBA PDC that isn't even live yet. Once up and running
I will migrate a couple win servers over to VMWare.
Let me know if you find any success with WINE.

*Jason Baker
*/IT Coordinator/

*Glastender Inc.*
5400 North Michigan Road