[Samba] Vista can't use samba hosted printer drivers

Pim Zandbergen P.Zandbergen at macroscoop.nl
Mon Jan 29 18:04:44 GMT 2007

Is anyone else seeing Vista (final) will not "connect" to a samba-hosted
printer? I'm getting error 0x00000057. I can connect to the port only
and install a local driver, though. It's just that the drivers will not load
correctly. The drivers do load partly, because I can see driver-specific
attributes if I go to "Properties" rather than "Connect". But a test print
from there fails also.

Samba server: Fedora Core 6 i386, samba-3.0.23c-2
Vista client, Vista Business (32-bit) final
Printer: HP LaserJet 4000 PCL6, driver from XP SP2.

The same printer served from a Windows 2003 server
will connect just fine to a Vista client.

Vista will connect to samba shared directories just fine.

Any ideas?

Pim