[Samba] Multiple Filesystems on one path stmt in smb.conf

M Azer azermina at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 16:16:06 GMT 2007

can you hide symlinks from appearing to users with no access to certain
folders?
For example multi symlinks to IT, Fin, Marketing, Devel  all under the share
folder when a user from Devel group login the user will see the other 3
folders but won't have access to them. is there any way to hide those
folders based on permission?

Thanks

On 1/27/07, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:

> > What I did at my site was to share out a directory filled with
> > symlinks.  These symlinks link to various actual directories on
> > different filesystems.
> >
> I do this on my network and it works very well.
>
> John
> --

"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you
will never grow." Ronald E. Osborn