[Samba] Samba v3.0.23a BROKE my network

Tim Boneko lists at boneko.de
Sun Jan 28 08:33:24 GMT 2007

Chris Hall schrieb:

> ...but doesn't change my opinion that software should be written to
> avoid obscure failure caused by obvious misconfiguration -- particularly
> in the case of an upgrade which turns a previously working configuration
> into a broken one !

I think you might tell this your package maintainer at
[RedHat|Fedora|whoever released the package into distribution]

> Sure.  But I'm not trying to run a nuclear power station here.

I'm afraid you'll have to expect these kinds of trouble, especially in a
software which is constantly evolving (here and there still following M$
technology)

Greetz,

	timbo
--
In those days he was wiser than he is now -- he used to frequently take
my advice.

    -- Winston Churchill