[Samba] Re: Samba running slow

Salman Moghal smoghal at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 27 08:43:39 GMT 2007

I should have kept reading through the samba archive online.  There was a
similar, very recent, reported problem:

http://groups.google.com/group/linux.samba/browse_frm/thread/8bf6e9791ae9b3cd/0a038c363be7ba2a#0a038c363be7ba2a

After adding these lines in smb.conf, copying a file over samba share was
lightening fast (just as fast as over FTP/HTTP connection):

socket options = TCP_NODELAY
oplocks = no
level2 oplocks = no

My eventual goal is to be able to play mp3 and movies over LAN.  And I've
run into the same problem with streaming a file across (as mentioned in the
thread) -- streaming a file is very choppy.

Any ideas?