[Samba] Modification to smbldap-useradd

Andreas Moroder andreas.moroder at sb-brixen.it
Fri Jan 26 10:15:05 GMT 2007

Hello,

we use samba with openLDAP. The machines are also registered into samba
using the smbldap-useradd script.
Now we need also the MAC address of the PC in the samba machine account
entry.
We know that it should be possible to do this passing to smbldap-useradd the
samba parameter %I and then retrieve the mac from /proc/net/arp.
The problem is that we have no good perl programmer in our public hospital.

Could anyone make the changes to the script add and them to the samba
source ?
This feature should probably be a option.

I posted this to the idealix mailing list, but it looks like it is a
dead list.

Thanks
Andreas