[Samba] What Happened to my SAMBA? Permissions Issue

Travis Bullock tbullock at avmax.ca
Thu Jan 25 18:42:19 GMT 2007

OK. Everything is going great for 4 years on my FC3 Samba Version 3.0.3-5.

Now all of a sudden, when someone opens a Word/Excel file on a Samba share, it changes the user Owner to that user as well as modifies the permissions to r-x and leaves the group/permission bits/owner setting alone.

I have the root directories for all shares with the u and g sticky bits set on, but it is not enforcing the User sticky bit, only the Group.

HELP!

Travis Bullock
Systems Administrator
Avmax Group Inc.