[Samba] Smbclient 3.0.23d . Access denied when overwriting hidden files on windows.

Henrik Zagerholm henke at mac.se
Thu Jan 25 14:29:53 GMT 2007

Hello list,

I'm having a little problem copying files with hidden attribute set
from my samba machine to a XP client.
Copying the files from the XP client to the samba box works perfect
but if I do it the other way around I get access denied. even though
I'm using a local Administrator account.

If I remove the hidden attribute from the file I'm overwriting it works.

How can I solve this? Does smbclient automatically treat hidden files
as read only?

Regards,
henrik