[Samba] Samba as a PDC and LDAP - migration

Mauricio Szabo mauricio.szabo at ufabc.edu.br
Tue Jan 23 10:26:04 GMT 2007

   Well, I'm having some problems migrating users.

   I work on an university, and all teachers / students / users only have a
Webmail accout. What I want to do is migrate those users to a LDAP server,
and make Windows XP authenticate on a Samba Domain Controller.

   So far, I've managed to make the PDC and LDAP base, but... how can I
migrate users from a passwd/shadow account to a samba account? I've tried
the "MigrationTools", but it only creates posix accounts, not samba ones...
Is there a package to do this kind of migration?

Thanks in advance,
Mauricio.

--
CAMPANHA CÉU PARA TODOS - Pelo desperdício zero na iluminação noturna!
http://www.revistamacrocosmo.com/ceuparatodos/   <-----  Faça sua parte

Air conditioners and Computers are the same - they both crash when you open
Windows.