[Samba] Remote Registry Changes

Matt Skerritt matt.skerritt at agrav.net
Tue Jan 23 05:49:45 GMT 2007

Heyho.

I'm trying to add registry entries to my workstations remotely from
my server. I can currently do this remotely from any other
workstation, using the standard Windows regedt32, but I'd like to do
it form the server. .. The server is Samba 3.0.22-r3 on a Gentoo server.

I've been digging around for a while now, and have managed to find
docs for samba-tng which seem to allow this (which is useless to me
as I'm not using samba-tng :) ), and a couple of sites that suggest
that the command 'regcreatekey' should be usable with the rpcclient
command.

(One example is from http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/
network_administration_guides/using_samba_book/appd_01_00.html).

Actually, I even seem to find a reference to them in the patch file
here: (http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-cvs/2005-February/
054808.html)

Anyway, there is no documentation of this (or any similar) commands
in the rpcclient man page, or help text, nor the net command's man
page or help text, and no attempts to find them or get them to work
have worked.  So ... has this been removed or something?

More importantly, it actually possible to do what I want?

Thanks

--
Matt Skerritt
matt.skerritt at agrav.net