[Samba] Multi share point to the same drive letter

M Azer azermina at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 19:17:16 GMT 2007

This what i did. Not what i was looking for but it works fine - now when
users logon they see 3 shares Home, Public and their group share. Not sure
if this is the way everybody is doing it but if there is a better way please
let me know

/Shares
drwxrws--- 4 root devel             4096 Jan 22 12:50 devel
drwxrws--- 4 root finance          4096 Jan 22 10:51 fin
drwxrws--- 3 root it                    4096 Jan 22 11:39 it
drwxrwx--- 5 root Domain Users 4096 Jan 22 12:50 pub

Login script:
net use H: "\\itbox\%username%" /persistent:no
net use P: "\\itbox\Public Share" /persistent:no
net use O: "\\itbox\Development Dept Share" /persistent:no
net use F: "\\itbox\Finance Dept Share" /persistent:no
net use I: "\\itbox\Info Sys Dept Share" /persistent:no

smb.conf
[homes]
        comment = Users Home Directories
        read only = no