[Samba] Error looking for next uid at /usr/sbin//smbldap_tools.pm line 993.

GNUtoo at no-log.org GNUtoo at no-log.org
Sun Jan 21 13:02:53 GMT 2007

> On Sat, 2007-01-20 at 19:47 +0100, GNUtoo at no-log.org wrote:
>> # smbldap-useradd samba
>> Error looking for next uid at /usr/sbin//smbldap_tools.pm line 993.
>>
>> here my config:
>> i have already populated the database:
>> # smbldap-populate
>> Populating LDAP directory for domain Workgroup
>> (S-1-5-21-4205727931-4131263253-1851132061)
>> (using builtin directory structure)
>>
>> entry dc=GNUtoo,dc=org already exist.
>> entry ou=Users,dc=GNUtoo,dc=org already exist.
>> entry ou=Groups,dc=GNUtoo,dc=org already exist.
>> entry ou=Computers,dc=GNUtoo,dc=org already exist.
>> entry ou=Idmap,dc=GNUtoo,dc=org already exist.
>> entry uid=root,ou=Users,dc=GNUtoo,dc=org already exist.
>> entry uid=nobody,ou=Users,dc=GNUtoo,dc=org already exist.
>> entry cn=Domain Admins,ou=Groups,dc=GNUtoo,dc=org already exist.
>> entry cn=Domain Users,ou=Groups,dc=GNUtoo,dc=org already exist.
>> entry cn=Domain Guests,ou=Groups,dc=GNUtoo,dc=org already exist.
>> entry cn=Domain Computers,ou=Groups,dc=GNUtoo,dc=org already exist.
>> entry cn=Administrators,ou=Groups,dc=GNUtoo,dc=org already exist.
>> entry cn=Account Operators,ou=Groups,dc=GNUtoo,dc=org already exist.
>> entry cn=Print Operators,ou=Groups,dc=GNUtoo,dc=org already exist.
>> entry cn=Backup Operators,ou=Groups,dc=GNUtoo,dc=org already exist.
>> entry cn=Replicators,ou=Groups,dc=GNUtoo,dc=org already exist.
>> adding new entry: sambaDomainName=IDEALX-NT,dc=GNUtoo,dc=org
>> failed to add entry: naming attribute 'sambaDomainName' is not present
>> in
>> entry at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 471, <GEN1> line 21.
>>
>> Please provide a password for the domain root:
>> Changing password for root
>> New password :
>> Retype new password :
>>
>> do i need to post all the config files?
> ----
> seems that what you need to do is to fix smbldap.conf to match the
> sambaDomainName (I am quite certain that you need to change it from
> IDEALX-NT) and change any other configuration items in there as
> appropriate too.
>
> Craig

i tryed 3 configuration(the rest of my config file seems ok because
otherwise it would have made a search error)
sambaUnixIdPooldn="sambaDomainName=WORKGROUP,${suffix}"
sambaUnixIdPooldn="sambaDomainName=${sambaDomain},${suffix}"
sambaUnixIdPooldn="cn=NextFreeU# Domain name the Samba server is in charged.
my workgroup is WORKGROUP:
# Domain name the Samba server is in charged.
# If not defined, parameter is taking from smb.conf configuration file
# Ex: sambaDomain="IDEALX-NT"
#sambaDomain="IDEALX-NT"
=>here in smbldap.conf i have not defined a workgroup so it takes it from
smb.conf:# 1. Server Naming Options:
# workgroup = NT-Domain-Name or Workgroup-Name
   workgroup = WORKGROUP