[Samba] Profile problems

Keith Lynn lynn at cis.usouthal.edu
Sat Jan 20 18:22:34 GMT 2007

I have a very perplexing issue with a client machine running XP Pro
connecting to a Samba PDC running Samba 3.0.23d. When the user logins, and
clicks on the Start Button, none of the icons that normally show up on the
left side are there. The name of the user is at the top, and you still
have the button for All Programs, but none of the normal icons are there.
The user can't run programs like Powerpoint because it constantly shuts
down. Has anyone experienced this error before? It appears to me that
possibly the users roaming profile is not loading completely. Does anyone
have any idea how I can make it work normally? Thanks.