[Samba] Using users from another samba server

Diego Lima diego-lima at prodesan.com.br
Fri Jan 19 19:07:11 GMT 2007

Hello,

I currently have a samba server set up as my network PDC (using LDAP as
passdb), and I'm trying to set up another linux file server on the network.

This file server should allow users to log in based on their passwords on
the PDC, however it doesn't need (nor would be appropriate) to be a BDC.

How can I set it up to read the remote LDAP? I have already installed
libnss-ldap, configured nsswitch and installed winbind, but I couldn't get
it to work.

Here is my smb.conf from the file server:

[global]
        workgroup = PRODESAN.COM.BR
        server string = %h server (Samba %v)
        obey pam restrictions = Yes
        passdb backend = tdbsam, guest
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .
        log level = 3
        syslog = 0
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 1000
        domain logons = Yes
        domain master = No
        dns proxy = No
        ldap admin dn = cn=admin,dc=prodesan,dc=com,dc=br
        ldap delete dn = Yes
        ldap group suffix = ou=grupos
        ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
        ldap machine suffix = ou=computadores
        ldap passwd sync = Yes
        ldap suffix = dc=prodesan,dc=com,dc=br
        ldap user suffix = ou=pessoas
        idmap backend = ldap:ldap://127.0.0.1
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        winbind separator = \
        winbind enum users = yes
        invalid users = root

--
Diego Alencar Alves de Lima
DINF - Prodesan (http://www.prodesan.com.br)

--
Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivírus e
 acredita-se estar livre de perigo.