[Samba] Domain Member Server or Mounted Shares?

Jason Baker jbaker at glastender.com
Thu Jan 18 21:48:36 GMT 2007

Now that I have my Samba PDC up and running, I will soon be building a
NAS for network file storage, backups and running virtual machines and
tests. I need to make some shares on this machine that network users can
access for file storage.

I can either design it to be a Samba Domain Member and set up shares
that would be authenticated via the PDC or I could simply mount the
shares to the PDC via CIFS and let the users access them locally through
the PDC.

Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this?
--

*Jason Baker
*/IT Coordinator/

*Glastender Inc.*