[Samba] samba 3.0.23d with ldap compile problem

Angela Gavazzi edv at goetheanum.ch
Thu Jan 18 09:24:27 GMT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to compile samba 3.0.23d for use with ldap as backend.

The system is Debian Sarge fresh installed, all updates installed, and
openldap-2.3.27 installed from sources.

I searched a lot but couldn't google out anythink that helped.

I sent this same mail jesterday with configure options for ldap, ld.so.conf
and samba error.log but it was too long. So another time with less text.

Can anybody here help? It would be great!

Thank you very much.

Angela

samba configure:

./source/configure \
'--prefix=/usr/local/samba' \
'--sysconfdir=/etc' \
'--localstatedir=/usr/local/samba/var' \
'--with-configdir=/etc/samba' \
'--with-privatedir=/etc/samba' \
'--with-lockdir=/usr/local/samba/var/lock' \
'--with-piddir=/usr/local/samba/var/run' \
'--with-swatdir=/usr/local/samba/swat' \
'--with-smbmount' \
'--with-quotas' \
'--with-ldap' \
'--with-acl-support'

*********************************

Configure aborts with this error:

checking for LDAP support... yes
checking ldap.h usability... yes
checking ldap.h presence... yes
checking for ldap.h... yes
checking lber.h usability... yes
checking lber.h presence... yes
checking for lber.h... yes
checking for ber_scanf in -llber... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldap... no
checking for ldap_set_rebind_proc... no
checking whether ldap_set_rebind_proc takes 3 arguments... 3
checking for ldap_dn2ad_canonical... no
configure: error: libldap is needed for LDAP support