[Samba] Mapping a network drive to a Windows Drive Letter

stuart.jamieson at dstintl.com stuart.jamieson at dstintl.com
Wed Jan 17 10:37:18 GMT 2007

We have this working.

however

Some developers edit files using "windows editors"  and when they then copy
them to the  Windows Drive Letter  which is mapped to a Unix machine, the
resultant file  is full of  ^M  characters..... build breaks..... and so on

Until now we have been telling users to run "dos2unix"  beforehand,  but
somebody told me  that "Samba"  can handle this if properly configured ?

Is this possible ?    If so can somebody please help me  ?

thanks

Stuart Jamieson
Software Configuration Manager
Tel : 020 8390 5000
DST International
http://www.dstinternational.com

http://www.dstinternational.com

Notice: This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the individual or company to which it is addressed and may contain information which is privileged, confidential and prohibited from disclosure or unauthorized use under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination or copying of this e-mail or the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited by the sender.

Whilst we run anti-virus software on all internet e-mails we are not liable for any loss or damage.  The recipient is advised to run their own anti-virus software.

If you have received this transmission in error, please return the material  received to the sender and delete all copies from your system. Thank you.

DST International Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1772349.
DST International Group Services Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 5211646.
DST International Billing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 4370287.
DST International Output Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 4220397.
The registered office for all the above mentioned companies is: DST House, St Mark's Hill, Surbiton, Surrey, KT6 4QD, England.