[Samba] PDC BDC hot failover

Florian Zierer ziererf at in.tum.de
Wed Jan 17 09:32:51 GMT 2007

Hi there,

I have a problem getting my Samba installation redundant.

I installed a PDC and a BDC working with 2 LDAP servers.

The problem is, when users are logged in and the BDC fails, the PDC does
not take over the running sessions and vice versa.

The clients have a hanging explorer and so on.
When the failing server gets back online again, everything works, no
lags anymore.

Is it possible to configure the samba servers to take over these running
sessions?

New logon sessions are working as expected.

Thanks
Florian