[Samba] Dual boot Win98 Centos sharing files

Jeff Boyce jboyce at meridianenv.com
Tue Jan 16 20:31:56 GMT 2007

Greetings -

I have searched the mailing list archives and my Samba 3 book and have not
seen this issue addressed anywhere.  My home desktop box has Win98 installed
on a 20 GB drive and Centos 4.4 on a 160 GB drive with a Grub menu for
selecting which OS to boot.  I am wondering if it is theoretically possible
to share (read and write) files on the Linux drive when booted to Window,
and vice versa, is it possible to share files on the Windows drive when
booted to Linux.  My Linux drive is set up with LVM.  I manage a Linux
server with 8 Windows boxes at work using Samba, so am familiar with
configuring Samba, but I am wondering if it is possible to do this type of
file sharing within a single dual boot box?  Thanks.

Jeff Boyce
www.meridianenv.com