[Samba] hostname and IP

Lutieri G. lutierigbtrabalho at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 11:29:54 GMT 2007

Hi people!!

i'm using samba with ADS authentication mode.  when i try access the
server samba, from windows, using hostname(\\serversamba) is showed a
authentication screen, I enter my username and password, but isn't
accepted.

but when i try  access via IP(\\192.168.1.1) all works. samba make the
authentication with my username and password in AD(win2k box) . Why?

sometimes this problem appear, sometimes all work fine...

here is my /etc/hosts:

127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.1.1     serversamba.domain.com.br serversamba

And here is my smb.conf:

[global]
        workgroup = DOMAIN
        realm = DOMAIN.COM.BR
        server string = serversamba.domain.com.br
        security = ADS
        update encrypted = Yes
        password server = 192.168.1.9
        log level = 3
        syslog = 0
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 1000
        name resolve order = host  wins lmhosts bcast
        printcap name = cups
        preferred master = No
        local master = No
        domain master = No
        wins server = 192.168.1.9
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        template homedir = /dev/null
        template shell = /dev/null
        winbind separator = .
        winbind cache time = 10
        winbind enum users = Yes
        winbind enum groups = Yes
        winbind use default domain = Yes
        force printername = Yes

192.168.1.9 is my Active Directory on win2k.

tanx
--
Att.
Lutieri G. B.