[Samba] Error setting up Samba with LDAP

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Sat Jan 13 01:25:36 GMT 2007

On Friday 12 January 2007 16:27, Jason Baker wrote:
> I am following the Samba 3 How To and Samba 3 By Example to set up a
> Samba PDC. I have everything configured as shown, but when I run the
> command:
>
>     /net getlocalsid/
>
> I get this error:
>
>     /Failed to issue the StartTLS instruction: Connect error
>     Connection to LDAP server failed for the 1 try!
>     /
>
> I'll post configs on Monday. Just wondered if anyone has encountered
> this and could shed some light. Thanks.

Please let me know precisely which step in the Samba-3 By Example book is
failing. Did you follow the letter of the example - or did you ad-lib along
the way?

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Samba-Team Member

Author:
The Official Samba-3 HOWTO & Reference Guide, 2 Ed., ISBN: 0131882228
Samba-3 by Example, 2 Ed., ISBN: 0131882221X
Hardening Linux, ISBN: 0072254971