[Samba] Re: [Evolution] Global Address List & Joining Domain

Rick Bilonick rab at nauticom.net
Thu Jan 11 05:46:33 GMT 2007

> You do not need to join the domain to access the GAL (at least, I've not
> needed to at either of the two companies in which I've used Evo
> Connector).
>
> I don't have a solution to your problem but note that it's not
> necessarily the case that the GAL is available through the same address
> as the OWA server.  In fact, for larger environments they are likely NOT
> the same server.
>
> Unless you're sure you have the GAL server correct you should check with
> your IT department to verify the server name.

I'm not using the OWA server - I've gotten the server name from IT
(although I've been given three different names - all of which I can
ping). What sort of authentication does the GAL do? Does it need more
than my e-mail username and password? Is there any other way to access
the GAL (other than through a web page which I can do)? What other
things could be going wrong? I can get my mail and mount Windows network
shares, etc.

Rick B.