[Samba] Mount smbfs

Rashid N. Achilov achilov-rn at askd.ru
Wed Jan 10 09:22:51 GMT 2007

On Friday 05 January 2007 21:10, Jason Zondor wrote:
> Hello,
> I've got a FreeBSD 5.5 box running Samba 3.0.21 and every-time I try
> to do a "mount -t smbfs -o username=username,password=password //
> server/share /mnt/folder" I get the error "smbfs: -o username=:
> option not supported".
> I've google'd this with no luck... any help in the right direction is
> appreciated.

Alas, mount_smbfs does not support -o username and similar -o options.
mount_smbfs was forgotten, dusted and covered by fat bunch of web project,
which didn't updates since Samba 2.2.x. It completely ignores Samba config
files and use their own file /etc/nsmb.conf and .nsmbrc at homedir. Some
howto written by me, how to bring up to mounting SMB shares with FreeBSD you
can find at sysutils/mountsmb2 port.

Also:
man nsmb.conf
man mount_smbfs

That's all is a very sad. FreeBSD lacks much with dropping support modern
tendences with SMB/CIFS...
--
   With Best Regards.
   Rashid N. Achilov (RNA1-RIPE), Web: http://www.askd.ru/~shelton