[Samba] sharing word files

James A. Dinkel jdinkel at bucoks.com
Tue Jan 9 22:25:13 GMT 2007

I think the problem is, when Word opens a file, it puts an oplock on it.
When word opens the file a second time, it sees that oplock and refuses
to open it as anything other than read-only.  I'm not sure if this is
how it acts on Windows file servers, but I suspect it is.

James Dinkel
Network Engineer
Butler County of Kansas

There are 10 types of people in the world:  those who understand binary,
and those who don't.

Another