[Samba] How to recover: Lost /var/lib/samba/profiles restoring from disk crash

Gary Dale garydale at torfree.net
Tue Jan 9 04:14:51 GMT 2007

Your roaming profile should be on the last Windows computer you used.
When you log on again, Samba will rebuild the roaming profile from the
local profile on your Windows computer.

If Windows can't find your roaming profile, it likely is having a
problem with ACLs. in your smb.conf, try setting:
     profile acls = yes
then restart samba. You should be able to log in properly, although the
first time will take a while as it rebuilds the profile.