[Samba] Preparing Unix LDAP Accounts for Samba use (was: Re: Making Home Directory available for Windows Users)

Alexander Schaber lists at alexanderschaber.de
Mon Jan 8 17:42:09 GMT 2007

Alright, thanks to your help, this seems to work now :)

The actual problem is the LDAP Backend now, since there are about 800 student
accounts and I've only added a few (by hand) with sambaSamAccount
objectClasses in order to test the case.

How can I add the samba specific options to all user accounts and possible
even use the unix passwords (I know they cannot be reverted to clear text and
therefore there is no way of creating a samba hash that way).

If there is any further assistance I would appreciate it very much :)

--
Greetings
 Alexander Schaber