[Samba] Using samba groups on AD

Diego Lima diego-lima at prodesan.com.br
Mon Jan 8 17:05:52 GMT 2007

Hello,

I currently have 2 domains on my network, domain A controlled by a Win2k and
domain B controlled by a Samba PDC. A and B both have trust relationships
between them.

The problem is, can domain A use the groups from domain B? When I'm setting
directory permissions on my Win2k machine I can see both users and groups from
my samba server, but when I add a group and try to connect to the share the
windows server denies access.

Do I have to do anything special? I have created the group on my samba server
and placed the users (also from the samba server) inside it. If it matters,
I'm using LDAP as backend to samba.

Thanks,

--
Diego Alencar Alves de Lima
DINF - Prodesan (http://www.prodesan.com.br)

--
Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivírus e
 acredita-se estar livre de perigo.