[Samba] All users make use of same profile insteed of their...

Stylianos Asmargianakis stelios at isd.gr
Mon Jan 8 12:23:53 GMT 2007

Hello list,

I have setup Samba as a PDC (with openldap too) and have the following
problem.
Windows clients (we have only XP) are able to join the domain without a
problem.
Administrator can also access its profile without a problem but when
usera for example is logging in for first time, it creates the local
profile to the Windows machine and make use of Samba roaming profile
without a problem.
Then if I log in as userb it works but is not creating a local profile
and is 'mounting' the usera profile indeed of its own.

The same happening no matter who user (apart from administrator and
usera) is logged in. All users are using the same profile and are able
to see usera files, settings etc.

I searched a lot on internet but found nothing that will help.

Any help is much appreciated.

I am pasting my smb.conf in case that it helps.

[global]
   workgroup = myworkgroup
   netbios name = SERVERNAME
   enable privileges = Yes
   server string = Samba-Ldap PDC Server
   security = User
   obey pam restrictions = No
   ldap passwd sync = Yes
   encrypt passwords = yes
   admin users = administrator, root
   log level = 2
   syslog = 0
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   max log size = 1000
   time server = Yes
   Dos charset = 850
   Unix charset = ISO8859-7

   logon script = %U.bat
   logon drive = Z:
   logon home = \\%L\profiles\%U
   logon path =  \\%L\%U

[homes]
   path = /home/%U
   comment = Home Directories
   read only = no
   create mask = 0644
   directory mask = 0775
   browseable = no
   guest ok = no
   domain logons = Yes
   preferred master = Yes
   domain master = Yes
   wins support = Yes
   passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://127.0.0.1/
   ldap admin dn = cn=admin,dc=ldapserver,dc=mydomain,dc=gr
   ldap suffix = dc=ldapserver,dc=mydomain,dc=gr
   ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
   ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
   ldap user suffix = ou=Users
   add user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "%u"
   ldap delete dn = yes
   add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w -i "%u"
   add group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p "%g"
   add user to group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m "%u" "%g"
   delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -x "%u" "%g"
   set primary group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-usermod -g "%g" "%u"

[netlogon]
   path = /home/samba/netlogon/
   public = no
   writeable = no