[Samba] users can't write to a subset of mounted directories

David Mebane mebane at gatech.edu
Fri Jan 5 23:19:03 GMT 2007

Hello

I am connecting to an NT server via a Linux client.  I am mounting the drive on
the client via the following in smbfstab:

//server/Users /home/dm215/Desktop/SambaBringover smbfs
username=user,password=pass,suid,uid=1000,gid=100,fmask=770,dmask=770,rw

It works fine except the local user uid=1000 cannot write to certain
directories.  The initial directory (//server/Users) is writable by 1000, but
only one of the subdirectories is!  It is actually the directory tree I use most
often.  I think that this has not always been the case, but I can't figure out
what happened.  It is not an issue on the server side.

Thanks for any help.

-David