[Samba] WINS server issues

David Miller david3d at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 18:59:42 GMT 2007

I have a Samba server (3.0.23a) running WINS for our network.  The other day
we had some extended power outages and a number of computers and network
segments came up before DHCP/DNS servers causing a lot of confusion on our
network until everything settled.  DNS/DHCP an name resolution via DNS is
not restored to proper working order however the WINS database has some bad
data in it that I can't seem to purge it of.  This is causing problems with
people accessing our local file servers via our VPN.

So how do I go about removing this data from the WINS server?

Thanks,
David Miller