[Samba] linux auth against SAMBA PDC

Jason Greene jgreene at angeluspress.org
Tue Jan 2 19:44:12 GMT 2007

Hi,

I have a question about getting  linux workstation to authenticate users
against a Samba PDC when they log in and mount all the necessary shares.

Current setup:
Linux server with Samba as the PCD
Windows 2k and XP workstations  are on the Samba domain and authenticate
all users with the Samba PDC.

Wants:
Linux server with Samba as the PCD
Windows 2k and XP workstations  are on the Samba domain and authenticate
all users with the Samba PDC.
Migrate Windows workstations to Linux (ubuntu) workstations and have
them authenticate all users against the Samba PDC and mount all
necessary shares (just like the windows PCs did)

Can someone point me to a good Howto on this or tell me how to
accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Jason Greene