[Samba] Samba 3.0.23d + Mac OS X

Marek Dabrowski marek.dabrowski at infor.pl
Tue Jan 2 10:33:09 GMT 2007

Hi

I have problem with Mac OS X - when users trying save data from Mac's
desktop or application (e.g. Quark) to share from Samba appear error
"The Finder cannot complete the operation because some data in
"file_name" could not be read or write (Error code -36)". When I copy
data on Mac to Samba share from terminal everythink is OK. I found that
resolution of this problem is disable locking os samba share. And after
I set:
oplocks = no
locking = no
error disapper. This setting may damage data. Mabey You have other solution?

Regards
Marek