[Samba] Samba 3.0.10 join domain

Daniel Davidson danield at igb.uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 28 21:02:12 GMT 2007

I was looking around for more help on my problem and found this info on
a gentoo page even though I am using RHEL4 regarding the configuration
of ldap.  Anyone know what they are talking about by "Field names here
must be all caps"?

Dan

for database you can either use "bdb" or "ldbm". bdb is generally
favoured by the openldap project as it is faster and more stable, it is
somewhat difficult to setup when your server is under high load. Hint:
create a DB_CONFIG file in your data directory (/var/lib/openldap-data/)
and read the berkeley db documentation at sleepycat.com. suffix is the
suffix for the root of our LDAP tree. The field names here must be all
caps, or Windows will turn up its nose when asked to join your domain,
with an error stating "User account not found." It will be very
frustrating. directory designates the data directory for our LDAP
database.