[Samba] How to enable swat on SuSE10.2 x86_64?

John H Terpstra jht at primastasys.com
Wed Feb 28 03:24:34 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 27 February 2007 14:23, M9. wrote:
> You mean by rereading the xinetd.d ?
> I do not know what to do than in the worsed case restartx, or end
> current session, and call upon localhost:904 (in this case..
>
> Do i miss something?

On OpenSUSE 10.2:

	chkconfig swat on

will turn swat on for you. Also, you need to start xientd by executing:

	chkconfig xinetd on

That should do it.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra, CTO
PrimaStasys Inc.

Author:
The Official Samba-3 HOWTO & Reference Guide, 2 Ed., ISBN: 0131882228
Samba-3 by Example, 2 Ed., ISBN: 0131882221X
Hardening Linux, ISBN: 0072254971
Other books in production.