[Samba] groups with foreign users don't list members

Voelz Alexander Alexander.Voelz at P7S1Produktion.de
Tue Feb 27 15:29:33 GMT 2007

I have a Server, that joined an ADS. But we use multiple domains. My
Server S is Member of the domain A. Now a wbinfo -u gives me all users
in all domains, and wbinfo -g gives me all groups in all domains, as
expected.

Now I have an ADS-group G that has members of domain A.

> getent group G

gives me the correct listing with the members. However, when I add a
Member of another Domain A' to the group, a
> getent group G will give me just the group infos and not show the
members.

Does anyone have an idea why this could be so? I am using 3.0.10-1.4E.9.

Thanks,
Alexander