[Samba] Trying to share HP Officejet 5610 Multi-function

Forrest D forrestd991 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 14:43:22 GMT 2007

Thanks Dale.  I'll give it a try.  This isn't the first time I've done
this.  I had no problems setting up my workstation at work to be a printer
server for an HP9000, or HP5050.  I just installed the printer via cups.  I
enabled printer sharing in CUPS, it showed up in the shares listed, so I
installed it on my XP workstation and it worked, easy-peasy, plane and
easy.

I kind of thought that wasn't the correct location for printer drivers.
Also, I'm not sure how I ended up with a SWAT-made smb.conf.  Must have been
drinking...